LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Cee Lo Green has pleaded no contest to one felony count of furnishing ecstasy to a woman during a 2012 dinner in Los Angeles.
The Grammy-winning singer entered the plea during a brief court hearing on Friday. He also entered a special plea in which he maintained his innocence in the case.
Superior Court Judge Mark Young sentenced the 39-year-old singer to three years of formal probation. Young said Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, will be allowed to travel for work.
Green entered the plea just before a preliminary hearing, which would have disclosed potential evidence against him, was scheduled to begin.
Prosecutors rejected a rape charge against Green when he was charged with the felony drug charge in October 2013. His attorney Blair Berk has said Green had consensual sex with the woman he gave ecstasy to during the 2012 dinner.
Original headline: Cee Lo Green sentenced to community service after pleading no contest to giving woman ecstasy
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say