The Egyptian Exchange made gains at the close of the week's last trading session backed by purchases by local and foreign mutual funds and institutions of banking and financial services shares.
The market capital achieved Thursday gains worth
The EGX 30 benchmark index rose 0.65 percent to close at 9,435.05 points.
The broader EGX 70 index of the leading smaller and mid cap enterprises (SME) inched up by 0.24 percent to 658.72 points.
The all-embracing EGX 100 index also increased by 0.34 percent to close at 1,168.85 points.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say