The Egyptian Exchange made gains at the close of the week's last trading session backed by purchases by local and foreign mutual funds and institutions of banking and financial services shares.
The market capital achieved Thursday gains worth
The EGX 30 benchmark index rose 0.65 percent to close at 9,435.05 points.
The broader EGX 70 index of the leading smaller and mid cap enterprises (SME) inched up by 0.24 percent to 658.72 points.
The all-embracing EGX 100 index also increased by 0.34 percent to close at 1,168.85 points.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low