Commenting on the publication of the Bank of
"BBA figures out today show that we are starting to see a pickup in borrowing by small and medium sized businesses. It is also encouraging to see that the Funding for Lending Scheme is continuing to be used to help businesses. Companies are also increasing their cash reserves, which suggests that the sector is in a healthy position.
"The majority of businesses who approach their bank for a loan are successful and if they are not there is a process in place that allows them to appeal the decision. We'd encourage business owners thinking about borrowing to approach their bank to learn about the range of financing options that are available."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore