Career Auerbach has been exhibiting paintings since 1956. His style is instantly recognisable owing to his heavy application of paint.
High point Representing Britain in the Venice Biennale (1986) and sharing the the Golden Lion with
Low point In 1939 Auerbach was sent to
What he says "It seems to me madness to wake up in the morning and do something other than paint, considering that one may not wake up the following morning."
What they say "He is for me the most interesting painter in this country."
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s