Business Today -
CHOOSING a dozen- odd outperformers from any given group cannot be too tough a task. But when you have to look for gems among some 36 million small and medium enterprises (SMEs), it can be a mind- boggling exercise— much like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Culminating one of
Experts shared their thoughts and underscored the need for the banks to support the sector. "In spite of their different business models, there is a common winning streak among the winners and it helps them make a cut above the rest," said
The importance that the government attaches to this sector, which contributes more than 37 per cent to the gross domestic product, was evident in the speech of law and telecom minister
The list of winners was as diverse as the sector itself.
"From a list dominated by winners in manufacturing and trading, I am happy to see a gravitation towards high value- added products and services driven by technology," said Aroon Purie, chairman,
"SMEs will play a critical role as
The companies were classified into two broad categories based on their revenues: under `
The other winners included Eskay Speciality Chemicals,
Guest of honour
"Unlike in the past, young people across the country are willing to take the risk of entrepreneurship.
That's the spirit we must all salute," Garg said.
Underlining the role of such events in this process, he said, "The entire process followed for such events helps bring out the best in the industry and also motivates others to excel." One of the winners
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed