Logistics group Imperial reported a 7 percent drop in full-year profit yesterday, as the |weakening rand weighed on its |car importing unit.
Shares of Imperial fell more than 3 percent in early trade after the company flagged further pain in the near future.
"The short-term outlook is daunting," the company said, adding that it expected a decline in earnings for the first half of 2015 from the currency impact.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal