Worsening tensions in
Several retailers fell after releasing results or outlooks that disappointed investors.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 51 points, or 0.3 percent, to 17,071 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell four points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,995.
The Nasdaq composite fell 11 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,558.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.34 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists