The US economy grew at a slightly faster 4.2% annual pace in the second quarter, up from the 4% growth rate first reported, the
Meanwhile, jobless claims decreased by 1,000 to 298,000 in the week ended
Despite the encouraging news on the US economy, escalating tensions between
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko says
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up 20 points, or 0.4%, to 17,031, while those for the S&P 500 index were flat at 2,000. Futures for the Nasdaq 100 index were also unchanged.
The S&P 500 breached the 2,000 mark for the first time ever earlier this week, and held to that milestone throughout yesterday's session.
In corporate news,
A fire broke out after an explosion at a
US crude oil futures for September were up
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success