At the launch of the Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojana, here at Vigyan Bhawan, Jaitley said, "It is government's aim to not let any family be deprived of banking facilities."
He claimed that the government which has set a target of
He rued over the fact that there were still
"There are still
The finance minister expressed his happiness over this campaign crossing the stipulated target of opening
"This is a national project whereby atleast 77852 places where banks have put up camps, there are 600 centres where big events have taken place, and ministers of union cabinet, Members of Parliament and twenty chief ministers, members of state assemblies are all involved. We wanted to create a record and take it on a mission mode and hoped to reach
He said this was not just opening of a bank account, but along with that one lakh accidental insurance is an added incentive and thus people have joined themselves.
Each account holder will be provided with a 'RuPay' debit card and
The Prime Minister had made the announcement about the scheme in his
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- US Consumer Confidence Hit a High in October
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers