Educators and counselors from
During the camp, trainees and campers learned about the moon and its effect on the Earth. The group learned about Newton's Three Laws of Motion and Bernoulli's Principle while conducting hands-on activities. The camps activities included constructing moon clocks, building an engineered robotic arm, creating a zip line and the study of the space craft, LCROSS.
"The Stennis NASA Camp was an excellent learning opportunity for the students involved in hands-on activities related to science," said
Several types of rockets were built and launched by the trainees and campers while studying Newton's Three Laws of Motion. Lunar landers were constructed of recycled materials along with their "raw egg astronaut. " A local fire department participated in this engineering challenge activity by dropping the lunar landers from the truck's 75-foot ladder.
"I was in awe of the interaction of the young students with their high school and college counterparts," said
In addition to the 3, 2, 1 Blast Off! camp, a day-long professional development training session was held for informal and formal educators at
SciTEC, located in Louisiana Tech's
Any teachers searching for free materials, activities, and lessons related to space science, can contact the SciTEC office at 318-257-2866 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CC AutoTriage13cn-140828-30TagarumaMar-4840486 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid