The smartphone application Secret is being used for cyber-bullying, Knesset Committee for Children's Rights chairwoman
Secret is an app that allows people to share anonymous messages and photos, either within their circle of friends, or publicly.
Levy-Abecassis said on Wednesday that there have been several cases of children and teens using the app to publicize lies, embarrassing photos and sexual content to bully other young people.
According to Levy-Abecassis,
"Unfortunately, the application turned into a platform for cyber-bullying for Israeli youth, who, in many cases, used it to smear and harm others," Levy-Abecassis said.
"In some cases cyber-bullying ends in tragedy. This problem has become acute recently with the use of Secret as a social tool that can harm teens and we must do all we can to prevent such situations," she added.
All rights reserved
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006