In a statement, the company said domain names including .london, .cooking, .country, .fishing, .vodka, and .beer will go on general release next month.
A top level domain name is the suffix of an internet address such as .com or .net which are designated to approved organisations by the
Several domains in which
"We are particularly pleased with the adoption of Premium Pricing by registrars. We believe this will help reduce domain name speculation and allow the registry - and registrars - to capture a greater percentage of the value of generic addresses over the long-term,"
The company has also been developing its own registrar services platform.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models