The company, which manufactures and supplies landscape, driveway and garden products, posted pretax profit of
"If these positive market conditions continue through the second half, which will be measured against the stronger comparables in the second half of 2013, it is likely that the full-year revenue and profit before taxation will be above our original expectations," the company said.
The company said sales to the public sector and commercial end markets, which represent around 62% of group sales, were up 19% on a year earlier. Meanwhile sales to the domestic end market, which makes up around 32% of group sales, rose 4% compared with a year earlier.
Marshalls said progress has been made in developing its international business and activity levels are "encouraging".
Sales from the group's operations in
"Marshalls has experienced strong growth in the first half of the year and forward indicators continue to be positive in all major end markets," Chief Executive
Marshalls recorded revenue of
On the back of its recent performance, Marshalls increased its interim dividend to
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy