The meeting should take place "very soon," IMF spokesman
The board has a meeting scheduled for Friday to discuss a financial aid package for
French investigators are looking into a
Lagarde, 58, was questioned Tuesday in
At the end of the session, Lagarde told AFP news agency, the court's commission of investigation had decided to charge her with negligence.
Asked whether she would resign her post, Lagarde, who has always denied any wrongdoing, replied "No." She said she had instructed her lawyer to challenge the decision.
Lagarde returned to work at IMF headquarters in
The case revolves around Lagarde's decision to refer to an arbitration panel a long-running dispute between the government and businessman
The mediators ordered the state to pay Tapie
Lagarde overruled her advisors in pushing for a settlement.
Tapie's support for then-president
Five people, including Tapie and Lagarde's former Finance Ministry chief of staff,
Lagarde took over the helm of the IMF after her French predecessor,
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s