In its half-year results for the six months to
Revenue was also higher, up 4.8% to
The company said its half-year results were buoyed by a strong performance in its second quarter after the first quarter was hit by severe weather across
First-half revenue in the Hunting Energy Services division was
Gibson Shipbrokers' performance also improved with revenue at
The company said activity levels from the second quarter onwards are likely to compensate for trading in the slower first-quarter.
"Our capital investment programme is continuing on track, with new facilities being commissioned from Q4 2014 and into 2015. This investment will expand our capabilities both in established operational regions and in new geographic territories," added Proctor.
During the year the company began a
Looking ahead Hunting said that the outlook for the business "remains positive with industry investment continuing to grow as reserve depletion rates are only partially offset by new production additions and increases in technology utilisation and efficiency."
Hunting shares were trading 0.34% higher Thursday morning at
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World