For those that do not invest, 56 percent say not having enough money is the biggest obstacle. Americans also cite distrust of the stock and bond markets (12 percent) and not knowing how to get started (11 percent) as prominent barriers.
Of the 45 percent who invest, they're focused on the future and are diligent about regularly checking their investments.
-- An overwhelming majority (88 percent) invest to improve their long-term
Keywords for this news article include: Finance and Investment, Investment and Finance.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays