ENP Newswire -
Release date- 27082014 -
GM also identified the next-generation Cadillac SRX as a future mid-size vehicle to be produced at
Both investments support GM's new small displacement engine, which is part of an all-new Ecotec engine family that will be used by five GM brands in 27 models by the 2017 model year, powering many of the company's high-volume small car and compact-crossover vehicles.
The new Ecotec portfolio includes 11 engines with three- and four-cylinder variants ranging from 1.0L to 1.5L - including turbocharged versions - and power ratings ranging from 75 horsepower (56 kW) to 165 horsepower (123 kW), and torque ranging from 70 lb-ft (95 Nm) to 184 lb-ft (250 Nm).
'The new Ecotec engine family represents the most advanced and efficient small displacement gasoline engines in GM's history,' said
'This is an all-around good news story for our members in
The naming of the Cadillac SRX program follows GM's previously announced
'We want to congratulate GM on this important investment in its future in
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'