Gas sellers' union head Haji Latif Herati said gas consumers were concerned about the record increase in gas price amid decreased imports.
He said the gas price surged after the government set an improper rate for the commodity because traders could not import and sell it on that price.
The ministry has fixed the price of one kilogram of gas at
Fuel control director at the commerce ministry,
"We measured the gas price and its imports and then fixed the price at
Sherzai said a draft law would be shared soon with parliament on monopoly of liquefied gas.
The price of petrol also increased during the week as one litre was sold for 63 afs against its last week's price of 64 afs, said filling station owner,
He linked the increase to cut in imports of petroleum products from foreign countries.
Except sugar, prices of other daily-use items remained unchanged.
However, the price of a 50-kg bag of Pakistani flour stayed stable at 1,280 afs, a 24-kg sack of rice at 1,800 afs, a five-liter tin of Momin oil at 380afs, a kilogram of African tea at 210afs and a kilogram of Vietnamese tea at 180afs.
But a retailer in Dahan-i-
Moneychanger Ahmad Shah said the buying rate of
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison