Data on Solid State Physics Detailed by Researchers at Goethe-University (Simulation of nanowire fragmentation by means of kinetic
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Goethe-University, "The present paper deals with the initial stages of nanowire evolution aiming at the elucidation of the essential features of the fragmentation process. It is demonstrated that the breakup of NWs is driven by the diffusivity of the particles at periphery. The microscopic parameters characterizing the fragmentation are established. The dependence of the time required for the first fragmentation on the nanowire width is presented. The temperature dependence of the nanowire fragmentation is also examined. The dependences of the maximum number of islands created in the fragmentation process on the nanowire width and the temperature are derived."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Examination of the temperature dependence of the first fragmentation instant and number of islands as well as the dependence of these quantities on the nanowire width gives the possibility to establish the relationships between experimental observations and microscopic parameters of the system."
For more information on this research see: Simulation of nanowire fragmentation by means of kinetic
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison