The global forecast for the Asian markets is negative, thanks to renewed geopolitical concerns in the
The SCI finished modestly lower on Thursday following losses among the financial shares and the property stocks.
For the day, the index lost 13.65 points or 0.62 percent to finish at 2,195.82 after trading between 2,194.86 and 2,219.47on turnover of
Among the actives,
The lead from
The S&P 500 lost 3.38 points or 0.2 percent to finish at 1,996.74, falling from record highs. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down 42.44 points, or 0.3 percent, at 17,079.57, while the NASDAQ declined 11.93 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,557.69.
Geopolitical tensions and economic weakness in
In economic news, revised figures from the
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham