The company's share price fell by 5.4% over the same period.
All calculations were made on a sterling, total return basis.
"Against this backdrop, the hedge fund's performance was disappointing with the long portfolio contributing most significantly to the negative returns," Chairman
"The manager is confident that the investment strategy's bias for higher quality companies should deliver returns over the longer term, but a combination of exceptional market conditions over the period under review has meant that on balance, the quality companies in the portfolio fell, underperforming lower quality 'value' stocks," Myles said.
"This, combined with a sharp reversal in share price momentum, has impacted performance," Myles added.
The company provides investors with a choice of investment mandates represented by different share classes, each intended to provide a specific investment exposure to an underlying fund managed by BlackRock Investment Management (
The company currently has just only one class of feeder fund shares in issue,
The hedge fund aims to maximise total returns by investing primarily in mid and small cap
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry