The bank's net income from banking activities increased to Rwf30.6 billion from Rwf25.2 billion during the period. Its loan book also expanded, with equipment loans taking the largest share, increasing from Rwf54.6 billion last year to Rwf81.4 billion by end of June.
Mortgage loans dropped to Rwf44.1 billion, from Rwf49.1 billion last year, indicating a Rwf5 billion decline.
Treasury and consumer loans also declined during the period from Rwf43 billion and Rwf33.6 billion last year to Rwf39.7 billion and Rwf32.2 billion this year respectively.
However, overdrawn accounts grew to Rwf9.4 billion from Rwf8.98 billion, while non-performing loans increased to Rwf3.3 billion from Rwf1.86 billion last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy