Governance Automation gives business owners oversight into SharePoint site provisioning as well as content and permissions management in order to help develop an information architecture based on enterprises' specific needs. New features include:
Deeper SharePoint Integration
• Access Denied Redirect--Streamline all security features through one system with a managed service request process via Governance Automation in order to provide more insight into each request, including who requested access, time of request, who approved the request, and the level of permission granted.
• Policy Bar--Drive Governance Automation-related information and insights directly to users via the SharePoint interface with a banner or "badge," which can now be auto-populated on the top of all SharePoint pages to display a color, graphic, and label indicating the specific policy applied.
• Site Information Card--Eliminate the need to leave your SharePoint site by allowing access to Governance Automation-maintained information – site contacts, metadata, quota usage, and lifecycle information – and providing easy access to service request details within the site itself. Additional Security Control
• Grant Permission Level Control--Provide more flexible security options during provisioning by defining specific groups and allowing requestors to add additional members during the site/site collection provisioning process. Administrators can now also limit the permission level a requestor is allowed to ask for when making a permissions request. Greater Performance Optimization
• Automatic Content Database Allocation--Enable administrators to enforce and automate stated database processes and policies by specifying intended content database server targets, naming schemes, and size thresholds.
• Site Quota Change Service--Allow administrators to set more conservative initial quotas and easily allow authorized users to request quota increase/decrease for site collections with automated execution upon approval. IT administrators can reduce the overall cost of storage by starting users with conservative storage quotas, only increasing if usage exceeds the set limitations.
"Social enterprise collaboration and cloud computing may have turned normal business operations on its head within the past few years, but it doesn't take away the ultimate importance of overall data governance," said
DocAve Governance Automation SP 5 is generally available today,
Founded in 2001 and based out of
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AvePoint/GovernanceAutomationSP5/prweb12093513.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say