Data from the
This data is featured in an article in the August issue of Health Affairs, and is co-authored by
• 59 percent of hospitals have a basic or comprehensive EHR system (quadruple the figure from 2010).
• Nearly 26 percent of hospitals have a comprehensive EHR system (more than quintuple the figure from 2010).
• While the majority of hospitals can meet many of the Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements, only 5.8 percent of hospitals are able to meet all of those criteria.
Beginning in fiscal year 2015, hospitals and health care facilities will be penalized for not meeting these requirements. Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements stem from the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, which was passed in 2009. It provided
"The data shows that hospitals are on the road to robust health care IT adoption, but a long journey remains," says Kralovec. "With financial penalties now being levied against hospitals that do not meet Stage 2 requirements, the onus is on both hospitals and IT vendors to ensure that patients can use technology to access their health information and transfer their health records easily from provider to facility."
"AHA Data is the data source that hospitals and health systems rely on for vital information regarding the hospital field," says
The AHA is a nonprofit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the improvement of health in their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which includes nearly 5,000 member hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations, and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/MeaningfulUse/prweb12129659.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt