ENP Newswire -
Release date- 27082014 -
ITS chose APS solution to improve system accuracy, resource utilization and ultimately customer service of the terminal. The new Crane OCR system automates the process of identifying and verifying ISO containers loaded and discharged from dockside Ship-to-Shore (STS) gantry cranes with high accuracy, redundancy and unequalled reliability. The system will be fully supported by APS' state-of-the-art remote monitoring systems and support staff located in
'We recognized the need to update our OCR technology because the previous vendor's existing solution was difficult to support and system accuracy was below acceptable levels by today's standards,' stated
The automated container handoff solution at the ITS Long Beach Pier G terminal will consist of 12 STS Crane OCR systems and X-Clerk Exception Management solution. The installation will begin in September and is expected to be deployed by early 2015. The system will fully integrate with ITS' proprietary Terminal Operating System for seamless data exchange.
'We are excited to become a long term technology partner of ITS. Vessel operations are mission critical and we are looking forward to upgrading ITS' current technology platform,' explained
ITS is a subsidiary of
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact.
Tel: +41 43 317 7111
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists