The product, which is designed to offer loan facilities for enhanced healthcare delivery in the country, will provide operators of hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, laboratories, diagnostic centres and other medical establishments with the opportunity to access loan facility from the bank to acquire medical equipment, fixed assets, undertake renovation and expansion of existing facilities in order to deliver efficient as well as qualitative service to their clients.
Deputy managing director,
He said : "For any nation to develop, three things are very critical and important: education, health and food. Citizens, particularly the workforce, must be educated, healthy and well-fed. If the workforce lacks any of the three, they can t be competitive and if they are not, the country can't develop."
He added : "That's the reason we are addressing the problem of financing in the health sector. Through this newly launched product, health practitioners would have access to finance to purchase necessary equipment so they could provide affordable and qualitative services."
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World