The Government of the Nigerian State of Sokoto will be able to build the infrastructure of the State now, thanks to the recent announcement of the
The regional lender has revealed its strategy to assist the State Government for infrastructure development projects.
The bank official has visited the Sultan to update him on their activities and get his suggestion related to the start of development initiatives in Sokoto.
The Country Director of the bank stated, "We want the sultan's views and guidance on how to approach development. We need to know what the people feel, what the priorities are and how to bring them the needed projects."
Responding to the call of Dore, the Sokoto Sultan has directed the bank official to implement developmental projects such as plans across the education and water supply areas, particularly in the rural quarters of the State, as these impact people s lives immediately.
He has also asked the bank to conduct studies in the rural areas to find out the precise implementations of the Government to ensure utmost support and assistance from the sultanate council for the initiatives of the
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays