New Drug Delivery Study Findings Have Been Reported from
Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "The prepared nanocrystals were characterized for morphology, particle size, zeta potential. possible crystallization changes, release behavior and oral absorption. The morphology of the obtained nanocrystals was found to be rod shape. The particle size and zeta potential were 140 +/- 10 nm and -29.11 mV, respectively. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analysis indicated that felodipine had undergone crystal form transition. The dissolution rate of felodipine was significantly increased and the AUC(O-t) value of felodipine colloidal dispersion in beagle dogs was approximately 1.6-fold greater than that of the commercial tablets."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Nanocrystals impose a faster dissolution rate and higher oral absorption efficiency than raw crystals, and show great potential as an effective strategy for improving oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs."
For more information on this research see: Felodipine nanosuspension: a faster in vitro dissolution rate and higher oral absorption efficiency.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal