Mario Lopez's workload is going to get a little heavier.
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment announced this week a new and expanded long-term agreement with the entertainer. Financial terms were not disclosed.
As part of the contract, Mr. Lopez and wife/co-host Courtney Lopez will continue hosting the nationally syndicated "On With Mario Lopez." The show launched in April 2012 and is on 60 stations nationwide.
Clear Channel Media will be expanding the "iHeartRadio Countdown" weekend radio program starting next month. Mr. and Mrs. Lopez will welcome a different artist or celebrity each week to count down the top 20 songs on iHeartRadio's Ultimate chart. The countdown is based on iHeartRadio airplay, top weekly song/artists from user-generated custom stations, weekly listener "thumbs-up," social media and sales.
Mr. Lopez will also work on a variety of multimedia projects and events, such as the 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, Sept. 19 and 20.
"Clear Channel and Premiere Networks have been amazing partners," Mr. Lopez said in a press release. "I look forward to continue growing 'On with Mario Lopez' and launching the 'iHeartRadio Countdown' on Hot AC stations nationwide, while sharing my life with our wonderful listeners for years to come."
Mr. Lopez will continue as the host of the syndicated television program 'Extra' even with the expanded radio duties for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006