Lagarde however told French media she will continue as IMF director, a post she holds since
The French politician was questioned on Tuesday for 15 hours by the
Lagarde, a former finance minister, had been interrogated four times by the same court before as an assisted witness.
The investigation seeks to determine Lagarde's role in the
Tapie, who supported president
The businessman claimed the company, which had been confiscated, was sold by
After years of wrangling in the courts, the case was referred by Lagarde to a private arbitration panel which decided the value of the compensation.
Lagarde's choice of a private arbitration over the judiciary raised allegations about corruption regarding the process.
Five people were charged during the investigation, including Tapie, also a former minister and known for his friendship with Sarkozy, and Lagarde's bureau director at the finance ministry,
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight