Lagarde however told French media she will continue as IMF director, a post she holds since
The French politician was questioned on Tuesday for 15 hours by the
Lagarde, a former finance minister, had been interrogated four times by the same court before as an assisted witness.
The investigation seeks to determine Lagarde's role in the
Tapie, who supported president
The businessman claimed the company, which had been confiscated, was sold by
After years of wrangling in the courts, the case was referred by Lagarde to a private arbitration panel which decided the value of the compensation.
Lagarde's choice of a private arbitration over the judiciary raised allegations about corruption regarding the process.
Five people were charged during the investigation, including Tapie, also a former minister and known for his friendship with Sarkozy, and Lagarde's bureau director at the finance ministry,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'