The charges came after Lagarde was questioned for a fourth time Tuesday by the
AFP quoted Lagarde as saying she would not resign her IMF post over the charges.
The case involves a
Investigators are looking at whether the payment, which was decided by an arbitration panel, was politically motivated.
Tapie had backed then president
Critics have argued he would have received far less money had the matter been left to the courts, creating suspicion of a political deal to benefit the businessman.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid