The charges came after Lagarde was questioned for a fourth time Tuesday by the
AFP quoted Lagarde as saying she would not resign her IMF post over the charges.
The case involves a
Investigators are looking at whether the payment, which was decided by an arbitration panel, was politically motivated.
Tapie had backed then president
Critics have argued he would have received far less money had the matter been left to the courts, creating suspicion of a political deal to benefit the businessman.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'