The charges came after Lagarde was questioned for a fourth time Tuesday by the
AFP quoted Lagarde as saying she would not resign her IMF post over the charges.
The case involves a
Investigators are looking at whether the payment, which was decided by an arbitration panel, was politically motivated.
Tapie had backed then president
Critics have argued he would have received far less money had the matter been left to the courts, creating suspicion of a political deal to benefit the businessman.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'