The charges came after Lagarde was questioned for a fourth time Tuesday by the
AFP quoted Lagarde as saying she would not resign her IMF post over the charges.
The case involves a
Investigators are looking at whether the payment, which was decided by an arbitration panel, was politically motivated.
Tapie had backed then president
Critics have argued he would have received far less money had the matter been left to the courts, creating suspicion of a political deal to benefit the businessman.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief