Negotiations between Russian President
Egyptian-mediated indirect talks aimed at finding a more durable solution to the conflict in
Asians stocks are broadly higher on optimism over the US economic outlook. The euro held at its lowest level in nearly a year versus the dollar in anticipation of extra liquidity in the region.
In economic releases, Market research group GfK is due to release the results of its consumer confidence survey for
German statistical office Destatis is scheduled to release its import prices report, with economists expecting the price index to drop 1.4% year-over-year in July following a 1.2% fall in June.
French statistical office INSEE will release its business confidence report at
In corporate news,
European stocks extended the previous session's rally on Tuesday, with expectations of more stimulus from the
US stocks rose overnight, with the S&P 500 rising to a fresh record, buoyed by merger news and strong consumer confidence and durable goods orders data pointing to a brighter future for the economy. The Dow gained 0.2%, the tech-heavy Nasdaq advanced 0.3% and the S&P 500 edged up 0.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor