Lagarde was placed under formal investigation for "negligence" for allowing arbitration to settle a dispute between the former state-owned bank
She says she does not intend to step down from her IMF job, and will convene a meeting of the IMF board to explain the situation to her colleagues.
Tapie, a supporter of then-President
He alleged the bank had defrauded him by deliberately undervaluing the company.
The Cour de Justice
She told a panel of judges last year it was "the best solution at the time."
Lagarde's term at the IMF is due to end in 2016.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week