Lagarde was placed under formal investigation for "negligence" for allowing arbitration to settle a dispute between the former state-owned bank
She says she does not intend to step down from her IMF job, and will convene a meeting of the IMF board to explain the situation to her colleagues.
Tapie, a supporter of then-President
He alleged the bank had defrauded him by deliberately undervaluing the company.
The Cour de Justice
She told a panel of judges last year it was "the best solution at the time."
Lagarde's term at the IMF is due to end in 2016.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star