"As the first release of Zimbra Collaboration under the Zimbra brand, this builds on our continuous momentum of more than 500 million users and over 1,000 partners," said Zimbra CTO,
As a trusted source of unified collaboration software, Zimbra ensures all releases meet product stability requirements. The latest release includes upgrades and improvements throughout the product infrastructure. Due to these changes, Zimbra undertook a rigorous quality assurance initiative, ensuring resiliency of the infrastructure improvements for future releases. "Feedback during the public beta period was positive and invaluable. One of our largest customers commented that the product was 'rock solid'," said Howard.
Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 Highlights
Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 includes new features and enhancements that deliver on security, privacy and the extensibility of an open platform.
• Secure collaboration anytime, anywhere, on any device: The Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 secure, mobile web application provides a device-specific user experience for Android and iOS devices. The new touch client is based on the Sencha Touch mobile app framework and can be customized using open APIs. It delivers anytime, anywhere mailbox access through a unique Zimbra experience that keeps people connected to their data.
• Broadest range of mobile, browser and desktop clients: Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 now supports the broadest range of mobile, browser and desktop clients available in the market today, giving users the freedom to decide which device and client experience best meets their needs. In addition, the latest release adds Exchange Web Services (EWS) support for Outlook for Mac and offline web client support for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
• Scalable private and public cloud architecture: The latest release of Zimbra Collaboration features enhancements to the web application and web server architecture. Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 is an important step towards delivering an active-active architecture that eliminates downtime due to upgrades, maintenance or unplanned outages.
• Unified collaboration: Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 also adds support for unified collaboration by giving users a view into the activity in their Zimbra-powered online communities and social networks. An added security and usability feature is native single sign-on support between solutions.
The free, standard and professional editions of Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 are available now. To upgrade, purchase or try a 60-day trial, go to Zimbra.com today.
Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social networks and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra's software is trusted globally by service providers, governments and companies, with over 200,000 accessing Zimbra in the cloud managed by our worldwide network of service providers. With customers including
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12118873.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'