The move by ZANACO will help farmers to improve and expand their dairy productivity.
Agriculture and Livestock Minister Wylbur Simuusa said the Loan a Cow?scheme would go a long way in alleviating poverty in the country as?this would enable the farmers increase their productivity.
Mr Simuusa noted that smallholder farmers were facing a lot of challenges when seeking financing and that the ZANACO product would help to ?alleviate the burden that the dairy sector was facing.?He was speaking at the official launch of the ZANACO/ZNFU Loan a Cow?scheme in Chisamba on Friday.
"It is, however, gratifying to note that ZANACO is introducing an initiative that will look at providing an alternative to conventional security and this demonstrates the bank's commitment towards developing the small- dairy sector," Mr Simuusa said.
The scheme is a joint
He said the bank would continue to help the unbanked population of
"We are determined more than ever to continue to explore innovative products and our focus now is on tractor and sugar out grower schemes,"
At the same function, ZNFU second vice president
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006