The move by ZANACO will help farmers to improve and expand their dairy productivity.
Agriculture and Livestock Minister Wylbur Simuusa said the Loan a Cow?scheme would go a long way in alleviating poverty in the country as?this would enable the farmers increase their productivity.
Mr Simuusa noted that smallholder farmers were facing a lot of challenges when seeking financing and that the ZANACO product would help to ?alleviate the burden that the dairy sector was facing.?He was speaking at the official launch of the ZANACO/ZNFU Loan a Cow?scheme in Chisamba on Friday.
"It is, however, gratifying to note that ZANACO is introducing an initiative that will look at providing an alternative to conventional security and this demonstrates the bank's commitment towards developing the small- dairy sector," Mr Simuusa said.
The scheme is a joint
He said the bank would continue to help the unbanked population of
"We are determined more than ever to continue to explore innovative products and our focus now is on tractor and sugar out grower schemes,"
At the same function, ZNFU second vice president
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists