USC football coach Steve Sarkisian said that USC is getting phone calls this morning that contradict Josh Shaw's story about saving his nephew from drowning. Sarkisian said USC will investigate. Shaw was not available at morning practice.
According to sources, USC was contacted by at least one source and told Josh Shaw's injury did not involve saving his nephew from a swimming pool and may not have even occurred in Palmdale.
USC is investigating these claims. Sources said USC was told the incident happened in Los Angeles and Shaw's family was not involved.
Original headline: BRIEF: USC investigates Josh Shaw's story of rescuing nephew from drowning
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations