Vishniac was a Russian-born Jew who moved to
The database includes all of Vishniac's 9,000 negatives, most of which have never before been printed or published.
The photography center and the museum are asking scholars and the public to help identify the people and places depicted in the images.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star