Vishniac was a Russian-born Jew who moved to
The database includes all of Vishniac's 9,000 negatives, most of which have never before been printed or published.
The photography center and the museum are asking scholars and the public to help identify the people and places depicted in the images.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid