The award, which includes a
Over the past two years, UM has launched partnerships with technology companies such as
"This award is a recognition of the University's effort to build this big data initiative," Steele said. "I think it's not directed to me so much as a group of individuals across campus."
Steele acknowledges the work of Mathematical Sciences Department Chair
Steele said the award money will be used to help develop big data courses at UM, and the University is working to finalize a four-course big data certificate program.
For more information call Steele at 406-243-5396 or email email@example.com. More information on UM's Big Data Science Initiative is available online at http://www.umt.edu/provost/bigdata/.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140826-4838799 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006