The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended with a slight gain of 13.60 points, or 0.09 percent, from Tuesday at 15,534.82. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Major gainers included pharmaceutical and brokerage shares, while retail and services issues lost ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date