Stagecoach has reported a robust increase in earnings after winning a series of contracts to run
Stagecoach and its joint venture partner
Although still early days for the new franchise, which began on 22 June, Stagecoach said business had been strong.
It reported a 5% increase in quarterly revenues for its entire
Stagecoach is one of the largest bus companies in the country and earnings from its fleet of 8,100 regional buses and coaches, which account for more than a quarter of its revenue, were up 4%.
The group, which runs no-frills coach service Megabus and
The company said its profitability remained satisfactory, a reassurance that lifted its share price 0.2% to
Stagecoach has teamed up with Virgin to bid for the east coast franchise, which is expected to be announced in November.
Stagecoach is also one of three shortlisted bidders for the TransPennine Express rail franchise along with
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore