Paltry growth of just 0.6 percent in the second quarter compared with the previous quarter meant
Growth had dipped by 0.6 percent in the first quarter of 2014, dragged down by a crippling five-months long miners' strike in the platinum sector. It was the worst quarterly performance in five years.
Two decades after Apartheid, homeland inhabitants still poor
The banking crisis that has seen one lender,
According to the country's statistics office, bright spots include the services,transport, finance and property sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms