"One tap functionality is arguably more important to mobile payments than 'one click' functionality was to e-commerce," said
The United States Patent number 8,811,895 covers the transmission of multiple digital accounts from a mobile device to a merchant POS system via Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. This comprehensive patent covers any two or more digital accounts being transmitted at the same time including credit, debit, prepaid, offers, loyalty, coupons, vouchers and more.
"This patent award combined with our recently awarded patent on technology that easily turns apps into wallets and our patent-pending IP places Sequent in an excellent position to enable the next wave of innovation in mobile commerce: mobile app transactions in the physical world," said
This patented technology is leveraged in Sequent's Digital Issuance and Open Wallet Platform products and has been commercially deployed at several major customers in multiple countries.
Sequent is the world's leading provider of digital issuance and open wallet platform-as-a-service that delivers secure mobile payments and value-added services to banks, mobile operators, merchants and access control providers. With Sequent, customers can extend digitized cards to trusted applications for an open ecosystem of partners and developers while maintaining the strictest requirements of highly secure, regulated industries. Sequent products include: Open Wallet Platform,
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12120256.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham