Russian space agency Roscosmos needs
The project, called ExoMars, began as a joint project between the ESA and U.S. space agency
One of the key objectives of the ExoMars mission is to search for life on the Red Planet.
The mission involves two stages: one in 2016 and another in 2018. In both, unmanned probes will hitch rides on Russian Proton rockets. Such rockets, however, have seen a number of launch failures in the last three years.
The proposed strategy document has been submitted for government approval.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore