Speaking in an interview last Friday in
The trend of employment growth "has been around 1% for some time," Poloz said. "We're confident there's quite a bit of room to grow."
Poloz's comments come less than two weeks before the Bank of
Poloz's remarks came on the same day U.S. Federal Reserve Chair
While part-time work increased by 59,900 positions, full-time employment declined by 18,100.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation