Contract Awarded for Limited-scope services for research, development and evaluation for its Common Infrared Countermeasure (CIRCM) program
The program is looking to develop an active infrared laser-based countermeasure to protect U.S. military helicopters and aircraft from IR guided missiles such as man portable air defense systems, according to the
CIRCM is designed to track incoming missiles and fire a multiband heat laser to intercept and jam the missile, according to an
CIRCM is expected to replace older and heavier systems like the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures, and is intended to be a lightweight, modular and low-cost solution, allowing it to be equipped across more platforms than its predecessors. Possible platforms for CIRCM include Apaches, Chinooks, Black Hawks and their variants.
Contractor name : JV OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION AND BAE SYSTEMS, INC.
Contractor address :
Implementing agency : OWNER:
1600 Spearhead Division Ave.,
Dept 700 Fort Knox,
Url : http://www.northropgrumman.com
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists