The Kyrgyz government together with international donor agencies will develop and approve the joint strategy for energy sector development. This information came from the meeting of Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Joomart Otorbayev with international financial institutions and donor agencies concerning energy sector reforms on
The level of technical and commercial losses was reduced to 16%, an independent regulator and settlement center were established. However, it is necessary to strengthen work with personnel and to delegate more powers to newly created institutions, he said.
Head of EBRD Office Larisa Manastirli said the strategy is necessary to clearly understand priorities of cooperation in the energy sector. EBRD is interested in support of small hydropower plants, which can be included into the strategy, she suggested.
Representatives of the
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World