Stocks fell across the board on institutional profit-taking amid rising political noise and protests across the country following PTI resignations from National and Provincial assemblies, equity expert observed here on Monday.
KSE benchmark 100-index misplaced 352.41 points or 1.22 percent to end the day at 28519.34 points compared to 28871.75 points of the last working day on Friday.
Samar Iqbal AVP Equity Sales at
PAEL remained volume leader with 18.8m shares (22pc of total volume traded) after better than expected June quarter result announcement, she added.
KSE-Allshare index off by 246.66 points or 1.17 percent to close the day at 20871.67 points, KSE-30 index reduced by 257.15 points or 1.28 percent to conclude the trading at 19880.15 points while KMI-30 index shed 603.64 points or 1.28 percent to stop the trading at 46440.60 points.
Analysts said dismal current account data showing
The day of turn of market in term of shares was 82.522 million shares after opening at 68.009 million shares and the value of traded shares climbed to
Trading took place in 308 companies where 218 closed in negative and 71 in green while the value of 19 stocks remained intact.
Active list was topped by
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say