Iranians produce superior yeast Science & Technology Desk
A knowledge-based company, Soren Tech Toos, in
"Only 15 countries have the technology to produce the yeast," said
Fathi noted that the company tries to increase its production to meet demand.
Modern biotechnologies use yeast for the production of various substances (vitamins, enzymes, antibiotics, amino acids and proteins).
It can be genetically modified to gain new and more convenient properties and produce the desired compounds.
Being relatively easy to handle (mutant isolation, gene transfer, cultivation) and of known genome, yeast is a suitable model organism for the study of physiological and metabolic processes and genetics of eukaryotes.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine