FNB wants to make smart devices affordable for South Africans who previously would not have been able to afford them.
At R99 per month for the Lenovo Ideatab, FNB says it hopes to make smart devices affordable for South Africans who previously would not have been able to afford them.
As part of the bank's technology and digital banking drive, it has also introduced the FNB Guru desk – a service centre customers can contact to get help on tech issues, including how to use the bank's app and setting up new devices.
FNB says it will continue to expand its range of devices at "accessible price points".
The Lenovo Ideatab is a seven-inch 3G and WiFi-enabled tablet that runs on
FNB customers can order devices online or SMS the word "data" to 31138.
The Lenovo Ideatab features include:
* Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)* 1GB RAM* 16 GB storage* A micro SD card slot (for up to 64GB of external storage)* A Quad Core 1.2Ghz processor* 7-inch IPS Multi Touch display* 1024 x 600 resolution* 5 megapixel rear camera , 0.3 megapixel front camera
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports