New Zealand Government - Commerce Minister
"The Exchange website allows community organisations, banks and others in the finance sector to work together to help Kiwis make better financial decisions,"
"By working together we will see more innovative and practical ideas reach the people who need it the most.
"I encourage community organisations to list their projects on the site and banks and the finance sector to get behind them."
The website is an initiative by the financial literacy consortium The Exchange, which aims to harness the collective power of government and the finance sector to tackle financial literacy issues in
"This is just one of a number of Government initiatives to protect financially vulnerable New Zealanders. Recent changes to consumer credit legislation will protect borrowers from predatory lenders, and the new Community Finance scheme will provide low interest loans to help low income families and individuals avoid high-cost credit and spiralling debt."
The Exchange is coordinated by the
For more information visit: www.theexchange.org.nz
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists